Atomic Force Microscopy
Tosca 200 Atomic Force Microscope, complete system
Item Code: 220453
The Tosca series uniquely combines premium technology with time-efficient operation, making this AFM a perfect nanotechnology analysis tool for scientists and industrial users alike.
Every Tosca comes with: three years warranty, three vouchers for user trainings, and vouchers for detailed measurement reports on up to ten samples of your choice.
A very important but also complex step when performing AFM measurements is the laser alignment. This can be quite time-consuming, not only but especially for inexperienced users. Therefore, Tosca series provides a fully automatic laser alignment function: After loading the cantilever onto the actuator body and the actuator body onto the AFM head, the instrument carries out the laser alignment automatically after just two clicks in the control software.
With the decoupled XY- & Z-scanner architecture, the XY-scanner is placed under the sample while the Z-scanner is placed in the instrument head. This instrument design leads to a very low cross talk between the scanners and a very low out-of-plane motion, which is a known drawback of conventional AFM systems with a tube scanner, which leads to the typical background curvature or “bow”. The Tosca series has an out-of-plane motion up to 20 times lower than available tube-scanner AFMs.
Probemaster is a unique tool specifically developed for cantilever handling that saves time and guarantees fast, safe, and correct placement of the cantilever. This makes sure that you can mount the actuator body with the cantilever quickly and safely for the next measurement.
The decoupled scanner architecture ensures the highest accuracy down to the sub-nanometer level without bow artifacts. The closed-loop X-Y scanning eliminates non-linearities and creep, leading to the highest precision for nanoscale analysis.
• Scanner: X-Y scan range: 100 µm x 100 µm* Z scan range: 15 µm*
• Sample size: Max. sample diameter: 90* mm Max. sample height: 25 mm Max. sample weight: <600 g
• Cantilever exchange tool: Probemaster is compatible with commercially available cantilevers
• Exchangeable actuator body
• Magnetic lock for sample carrier
• Automatic laser alignment
• Side view camera combined with motorized XYZ-Stage
• Workflow oriented control software Standard modes: Contact mode, tapping mode (including phase image), lateral force microscopy, force distance curve Optional modes: Contact resonance amplitude imaging
Manufactured by Anton Paar GmbH